You Never Know Where Life Will Take You

Welcome! This is a blog about a girl, who got a job, and moved halfway across the world to teach English. Read and enjoy!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Lost Post or My Life in Bullet Points

(This should have been posted circa late March 2012) I'm alive! I swear I am. No, I have not been eaten by zombies, gotten taken hostage by Chinese body snatchers, nor have I hit my head too hard and contracted amnesia and now think I am a 47 year old Chinese man name Feng Weiwei!

I am alive and well and busy as...heck.

Basically, the last two months have been like this:
1. THE ETERNAL NEVER ENDING RAINY SEASON OF HANGZHOU - seriously, this is the most consistent deluge they have had, well, since many Hangzhou-nese can remember.
2. I got a new job.
3. I took a leave of absence due to health issues from my old job, because quitting in China is not Kosher.
3. I got a new apartment (Penthouse baby!)
4. I moved out of my old apartment.
5. I've been dealing with the same Chinese social oddities at my old job that I encountered at my new job, but they are no much more tolerable because of a few things: more monetary compensation, normal work hours, weekends free, better neighborhood, better work environment, English TV channels, to name a few.

Now, I give you pictures of my new apartment! It is small, but mighty, and perfect for one person.

The view of my living room and behind that my bedroom.

My bathroom - there is a shower/tub combo off to the left.

The kitchen - which I will rarely ever use, but it's a nice thought.

The living room and my HUGE TV!

The bathroom walls are kind of see through, but on the bright side - washer/dryer combo!

Hope you enjoyed these. I know I did. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment